Caribe Royale Orlando, Florida
March 13-16, 2018
Call for Presentations
We're Looking for Excellence
If you have an interesting program idea, the Center for Public Safety Excellence invites you to submit an application for our Call for Presentations. By submitting a program, you can help shape the educational content of the CPSE Excellence Conference in March, 2018, and promote continuous improvement in the fire and emergency service profession. If selected as a conference speaker, you will gain visibility in the industry and contribute to the advancement of your profession. Complete the abstract application and return no later than 5:00 pm EDT, July 25, 2017.
The theme of the 2018 conference is Lead in the Present, Transform the Future. In addition to our bootcamp track, the tracks for the 2018 conference are Progressive Leadership, Continuous Improvement, and Outcomes.
The Evaluation Process
Members of the Conference Education Planning Committee will evaluate all proposed programs based on the following criteria: overall quality, relevance to the fire and emergency service community, well-defined focus within the program track structure, practical applications of material, timeliness of the topic, and speaker qualifications.
To be considered as a speaker, your program must be educational in nature — focusing on solutions or outcomes. Your presentation material must be original; otherwise, reference your sources. In the case of two speakers, each speaker must agree to the submission. Sessions may not include sales, commercialization or product promotion of any kind. Incomplete program submissions will not be considered.
The final program selections will be made in mid-September. You will be notified only if your program is selected.
Your proposal should address advanced-level individual or organizational development and improvement issues, or solutions that provide development and improvement in both areas. Presentations should address one of three general tracks:
- Progressive Leadership
- Continuous Improvement
Please specify the track you will address. CPSE is looking for presentations of 60 and 90 minutes in length, including a brief session for question and answer. Sessions are limited to no more than two presenters.
Individuals invited to present at the Excellence Conference will receive a complimentary full conference registration valued at $675.
Steps for Submitting Your Program Idea
To be considered, your abstract must:
- Provide your complete contact information
- Provide information on your presentation including:
- The title
- A brief description
- At least 3 specific course objectives, learning outcomes, or specific skills attendees can expect to gain from your presentation. Presentations must address solutions. The theme for this year is Lead in the Present, Transform the Future. We want attendees to leave with high-level, concrete solutions to their challenges – whether it’s credentialing or agency accreditation.
- Identify specific accreditation performance indicators and/or credentialing technical competencies which your proposal topic and content references.
- Indicate the level of your presentation.
- Indicate the target audience.
- Indicate the conference educational track.
- Indicate length of presentation.
- Provide a brief professional biography for each presenter (maximum of two).
- Confirm that you will submit your completed presentation by no later than January 5, 2018, for inclusion in the mobile app and conference proceedings.
Submit your application by email no later than Tuesday, July 25, 2017
to: Karl Ristow, CFAI Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org