At the Center for Public Safety Excellence® (CPSE®) we are excited to bring you the latest learning opportunities to advance your department and career.
Registration for the 2024 CPSE Excellence Conference is now open. Click here for more information.
CPSE is looking for agencies to host the Quality Improvement for the Fire and Emergency Services workshop in 2024. If you are interested in hosting a 2024 workshop, download the hosting agreement for more information.
December 5 & 12 – Online training (Completion of the Quality Improvement for the Fire and Emergency Services workshop is required)
January 16-18, 2024 – DeLand Fire Department, DeLand, FL
March 18-20, 2024 – Danville Fire Department, Danville, VA
April 23-25, 2024 – City of Fairfax Fire Department, Fairfax, VA
April 30-May 2, 2024 – Boulder Fire-Rescue, Boulder, CO
May 7-9, 2024 – Green Bay Metro Fire Department, Green Bay, WI
DoD Only – Quality Improvement for the Fire and Emergency Services Workshop – 3 Days, In-Person
January 22-24, 2024 – Dobbins Fire & Emergency Services, Marietta, GA (DoD Only)
Darkhorse Emergency: Answering the Forgotten Question: Using Diagnostic Analytics to Support Continuous Improvement
Esri: Leveraging GIS to Enhance the Fire Service Accreditation Process
Intterra: Data-Driven Resilience
FirstWatch: Fire Operations and Accreditation Monitoring and Reporting
ImageTrend: Taking the Intimidation our of Community Risk Reduction
IAFF: Department Response Capabilities Analysis: From Industry Standards to Workload Analysis
Click here for Sponsor Webinar Recordings.
On-Demand Webinars and Resource Documents
We encourage you to take the time to access these free resources in the CPSE University:
- Writing the Four-Part Answer – A webinar explaining development of the four-part answer for the self-assessment manual.
- Performance Statements – A webinar explaining development of performance statements.
- Creating a Strategic Plan – A webinar explaining the creation of a community-driven strategic plan.
- Developing Strategic Plan Goals and Objectives – A webinar explaining how to develop effective goals and objectives for a strategic plan.
- Tech Writing 101 – click here for an overview of the Advanced Technical Writing Certificate Program at George Mason and click here for more detailed information and how to register.
- Annual Appraisals – A handout to assist with developing annual appraisals.
- Critical Tasking – A handout to aid in conducting critical tasking for all emergency response types.
- Engaging Stakeholders – A handout explaining how to engage stakeholders in the CRA/SOC process.
- Fire Department Strategic Plans and Community Master Plans: Are They The Same? – A handout comparing and contrasting fire department strategic plans and community master plans.
- Performance Statements – A handout outlining how to develop performance statements.
- Writing the Four-Part Answer – A handout explaining development of the four-part answer for the self-assessment manual.
- Completing the Designation Application – Learn tips on completing the designation application for CFO, CTO, CEMSO, FM, or FO
- 21st Century Fire and Emergency Services White Paper – Handouts and videos on the critical issue areas.