Certification is one component in our designation process. Certification is recognition of meeting a specific professional qualification standard.
Designation considers broad professional accomplishments and recognizes lifelong career excellence and achievement. These achievements are verified and validated through a third-party peer review process.
What is the CPC model?
The CPC model and program are designed to assist in the professional development of fire and emergency service personnel by providing guidance for career planning.
Our six designations specify minimum eligibility requirements in the form of academic achievements and practical experience. The designations also look at what contributions the individual has made to the industry in the way of professional articles, teaching, and public speaking. In addition, professional memberships and community and civic involvement are assessed.
Achieving the designation demonstrates that you have developed a strategy for continued career improvement and development.
When you earn one of these prestigious designations you gain distinction and recognition in a growing group of your peers.
What are the benefits of seeking a designation from CPC?
Working towards, achieving, and maintaining your designation will:
- Highlight your professional growth
- Document strategies for your career enhancement and development
- Demonstrate your commitment to life-long learning, skill development, and community service
- Affirm your dedication to proficiency and delivery of all-hazard services to your community
- Improve your chances of being successful in hiring and promotion processes by identifying you as a candidate with superior skills, knowledge, and leadership capabilities
- Foster a source of pride for you or those in your agency you encourage to become credentialed
Are there credentialing consortium groups?
Credentialed professionals have found that banding together to form regional consortiums is an effective networking opportunity. Click here to see the consortium in your area, who to contact for more information, and details on their meeting frequency and location.
Once retired from a fire and emergency service department, can a designee maintain designated status?
Yes – Once credentialed, a designee can retain their status as long as currency is maintained in the components identified in the renewal.